Saturday, April 12, 2014

First week.

This has been a long week with a lot of sleepless nights. Olivia is having a hard time adjusting to the new meds and the fluid volume given to her by the feeding pomp at night. The lab. results have been up & down and so has been the dose increase on her meds which it's not helping her discomfort & pain throughout the night. Seeing her curled up all night crying from belly ache & begging me to stop the feeds because she is full...it has been heartbreaking. Unfortunately we can't stop the fluids because the new kidney needs that volume per day to survive the high output that her body produces. Every day I am trying to adjust her feeds and rearrange the way I give certain meds to her but it hasn't been successful until yesterday that she was finally able to sleep more comfortably from 2:00-6:30am ( the most she has slept all week). During the day she is really happy & doesn't appear to be in any pain. Her appetite has increased even tho she gets fuller with 1/4th of what she use to eat which might have to do with the space that the new kidney is taking in her abdomen/belly. It is 10:00 pm right now and she hasn't woken up and cried yet since 9:00pm so I'm praying & hoping for a restful, comfortable night for my little girl that has gone thru so much in the past couple of weeks... We are emotionally & physically drained and I personally can't take another day seeing her cry in helpless discomfort. I know GOD is looking down on us & HE has a plan & a solution. I know that HE has chosen a great nephrologist that is also working day & night to help make her life easier, I know HE has chosen amazing people in our lives to help us go thru this journey,especially Olivia. I know our GOD is amazing & HE will pick us up...

No comments:

Post a Comment